Friday, February 1, 2008

PETER VALLONE STRIKES BACK AT BLOGGER


Vallone responds
Hey Grant,Peter Vallone Jr. here. Let me first give you credit for having the guts to place your name on the recent post about me, unlike those annoying bloggers who love to take cheap shots but are too chicken to place their names. That’s where the credit ends, however, because the rest of what you mention is “crap”.You appear to blame me (and my family) for LaGuardia Airport, Rikers Island and Astoria’s power plants. Somehow you forgot to blame me for the recent cold weather as I have about the same amount of control over the weather as I do over the other entities.

They are State controlled and local officials have virtually no say on their placement or existence (and I probably should point out that almost all existed well before any of us were born). That being said, no one has fought harder against the power plants in Astoria than the Vallones (Google it). It was my father that led the first protest for Con Edison to move from coal to natural gas and I helped start the law suit to help close the filthiest power plant, New York Power Charles Poletti Plant in 2010.

Regarding the new generating station you mention, you are probably referring to the relatively new Astoria Energy Plant, which was again rammed into our neighborhood over our objections by the Pataki Administration. You might recall that I called the process “corrupt” but again, your anger should be directed against the State.I share your concerns about the over-development of Astoria and again you somehow missed the fact that I am the ONLY elected official that is working hard to get City Planning to downzone many areas of Astoria. This is a process I began almost two years ago, and in fact spent two hours at City Planning last week working to move it forward.

Again, I can only request that this rezoning be studied by City Planning but do not have the power to require it. Since I am the only elected official to ever attempt this, it is clear that once again your anger is misdirected.Grant, I have no problem with your disagreeing with me on many controversial issues that I take, whether it be the toughest graffiti laws in the nation, ban on trans fats, less homework for kids, ban on new pit bulls, or secession from New York State, or even not liking me or my family, but a modicum of effort to get your facts straight would be appreciated.

I am used to being attacked on a daily basis but have no problem defending positions I have actually taken and things that I am actually responsible for. I have spent virtually every day of my life in Astoria and could not disagree more with you about your assessment of our beautiful neighborhood as ”becoming a ghetto”. If you really feel that way, you should move into some non-ghetto area and make room for one of the many who are clamoring to live here.
Peter Vallone
Posted by Queens Crapper at 12:59 AM 0 comments Links to this post

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear mr. vallone ive lived my whole life in queens living here in astoria since 1981.and the only one that ever stuck up for the acropolis gardens has been Peter Vallone SR.once our tenant association ended there is no one else that listens to our problems.Mainly our bedbug problem.BIG PROBLEM.And the fact that our con ed bills went up 22 percent.Supposedly because its costing more to produce the energy.the barrel of oil went down by 47 dollars.I receive 90 dollars in food stamps and a disability check.i pay rent,cable,phone, and electric.i need a suggestion as to paying for a new futon just because it is neccesary,for myself and my child not to have to sit on the floor.between the taxes on the phone,cable,con ed and soaring food prices how am i supposed to do this thing that you supposedly call life.yes con ed is exactly that.CON.thanks for listening

Anonymous said...

If you want to see want kind of scum Peter Valone is, try friending him on Facebook. He is a bigot. If he had his way Muslims would be herded into concentration camps. This guy wants to be DA? That would be the first job he didn't inherit. How do you think he got the city council job? He would never have been elected if it were not for his father. The younger Vallone vited against the renaming of the Queensboro Bridge. Now, anything that happens, he blames on Christine Quinn as retribution. He claims that the reason he voted against it was because it was a slap against Queens. Could it be that "Daddy" was a political enemy of Koch.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Petey! What's with the heavy makeup? You wear more makeup than a drag queen.....lol