Thursday, June 5, 2008

SON VS. DAD FOR FOSSELLA VACANCY

GOP House Candidate Has New Challenger -- His Own Son!
By Eric Kleefeld - June 5, 2008, 5:56PM

The race for the House seat of Rep. Vito Fossella (R-NY), whose personal scandals spurred his sudden retirement, just got a whole lot wackier as GOP candidate Francis "Frank" Powers Sr. is getting a new challenger: Libertarian candidate Francis "Fran" Powers Jr., his very own son.

The Staten Island Advance reports that the younger Powers, age 47, announced he is running as a Libertarian in order to stop his father from getting elected and being able to help further Republican policies. "I'm not going to say that my dad treated me bad when I was a kid," Fran Powers said. "I know his policies. I'm running against someone I know."

Powers Sr., needless to say, is taken aback by this development. "I've tried very hard for many years to help my son," he said in a statement. "Unfortunately, he's rejected everyone's help to live a healthy lifestyle."
print
PERMALINK RECOMMEND THIS (2)

No comments: